Software Developer, Professional Services Development Team
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posted on: September 21, 2022
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you’ll enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You’ll be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards Package including attractive time-off policies and an annual bonus plan. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
March Networks’ Professional Services Development Team develops our Managed Services tool sets and scan systems in support of our Insight customer application and our Network Operation Center (NOC). The NOC team monitors tens of thousands of cameras, encoders and network video recorders (NVRs) for dozens of customers around the world to optimize the availability of mission-critical video surveillance systems. With the on-going release of March Networks’ unique Advanced Managed Services (AMS) solution, we are looking for a Software Developer to continue the development and maintain the functionality which makes up this service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage with the NOC team to design and develop best-in-class features for our Advance Managed Services offerings
- Maintain and enhance the service’s data gathering “scans” and other features using:
- Visual Studio
- .NET Core, Web API, C# and Microsoft SQL Server
- Continue the development of our innovative Field of View monitoring service
- Improve the NOC’s procedures by automating manual processes between tools to improve efficiency
- Work with databases to create reports and upgrade scripts with MSSQL and SQLite
- Run and maintain web applications running on production web servers, including updating internally designed NOC Scan Server software
- Create and maintain Line of Business applications for Managed Services running as scheduled tasks, Windows Services etc.
- Innovate as you research new technologies and resolve complex problems
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering program, or equivalent
- Minimum 4 to 6 years of software development experience
- Understanding of databases, specifically SQL Queries and Stored Procedures in Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience creating and consuming web services (SOAP/REST)
- Experience creating and maintaining web applications using ASP.NET Core MVC
- Experience with Entity Framework Core
- Understanding of Scrum/Agile principles
- Ability to work:
- Independently and as part of a team
- Well under pressure and meet deadlines
- In a fast-paced, dynamic environment, ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Service oriented and solution driven
- Cloud frameworks (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Network Monitoring Suites (Zabbix, SolarWinds, etc.)
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their cover letter.