Systems Configuration Specialist
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posted on: May 25, 2023
The selected candidate will join our Ottawa based Professional Services Department, within the Systems Configuration Team, to provide our hosted customers with our remote configuration service for their March Networks Hybrid Recorders, Command Recording Software and IP cameras.
As we expand our Managed Services hosted customer base, we are in need of a Systems Configuration Specialist to provide the initial setup and configuration of a users’ newly purchased video recorder and IP cameras. You will be responsible to ensure the customer’s March Networks equipment is configured as per the purchased solution’s requirements. You will work with each customer on any required configuration changes to guarantee a customer’s required archived days of recorded video.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• For each recording device, you are responsible to remotely configure:
• Network settings
• Camera naming and other image settings
• Camera motion detection and other analytics
• Time synchronization
• Retention Rates
• Retention Schedules and actions
• Alarm, audio and relay actions
• Dataports (POS/ATM device data capture)
• For each IP camera, you are responsible to remotely configure:
• Network settings
• Camera encoder settings
• Camera image/sensor settings
• Motion and other analytics
• Providing configuration recommendations to customers to best serve their system/solution needs
• Working with customers to rectify retention issues by evaluating high bitrate IP devices
• Ensure all system configurations follow March Networks Hardening Guide Recommendations
• Document all system configuration and changes
• 3+ years experience in the installation, maintenance, testing, configuring and integration of CCTV systems and devices.
• Good understanding of CCTV system operations and design;
Experience configuring March Networks products (such as 8000 and 9000 Series recorders, Command Recording Software and IP cameras) as either a Senior technician or System Administrator would be an asset.
CompTIA A+ and Network+ Certifications would also be an asset.
Please click on the link https://apply.workable.com/march-networks/j/0A926EA0ED/apply/ to submit your application.