Systems Configuration Specialist
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posted on: November 18, 2022
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you’ll enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You’ll be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards Package including attractive time-off policies and an annual bonus plan. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
We are looking for a Systems Configuration Specialist to join our Ottawa based Professional Services Department to provide our hosted customers with our remote configuration service for their March Networks Hybrid Recorders, Command Recording Software and IP cameras.
You will be responsible to ensure that the customer’s March Networks equipment is configured as per the purchased solution’s requirements. You will also work with each customer on any required configuration changes to guarantee the customer’s required archived days of recorded video.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- For each recording device, you are responsible to remotely configure:
- Network settings
- Camera naming and other image settings
- Camera motion detection and other analytics
- Time synchronization
- Retention rates
- Retention schedules and actions
- Alarm, audio and relay actions
- Dataports (POS/ATM device data capture)
- For each IP camera, you are responsible to remotely configure:
- Network settings
- Camera encoder settings
- Camera image/sensor settings
- Motion and other analytics
- Provide configuration recommendations to customers to best serve their system/solution needs
- Work with customers to rectify retention issues by evaluating high bitrate IP devices
- Ensure all system configurations follow March Networks Hardening Guide Recommendations
- Document all system configuration and changes
- Bachelor’s Degree or post-secondary education, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the installation, maintenance, testing, configuring and integration of CCTV systems and devices
- Good understanding of CCTV system operations and design
- Strong customer relationship skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated with ability to work in a high workload environment
- Must demonstrate leadership and team-oriented abilities as department expands
- Superior troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Experience configuring March Networks products (such as 8000 and 9000 Series recorders, Command Recording Software and IP cameras) as either a Senior technician or System Administrator would be an asset
- CompTIA A+ as well as Network+ Certifications would also be an asset
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.