Technical Support Specialist
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posted on: January 31, 2020
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you’ll enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You’ll be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards Package including attractive time-off policies and an annual bonus plan. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
Ottawa is home to a world-class video surveillance company, March Networks. Our locally designed Network Video Recorder hardware, Windows investigation software, and enterprise server management systems are recognized globally for superior quality and reliability. Places where you bank and shop rely on March Networks surveillance solutions.
We are looking for a Technical Support Specialist to provide support to our award winning products. You will become an integral member of our Support team and become an expert on our suite of Video Recorders, IP Cameras, and Video Management Software. Your exemplary customer communication skills, eagerness to learn new technologies, and enthusiasm to support our global Customers will make you the ideal candidate!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide level one technical support to March Networks Customers
- Investigate Customer problems remotely and reproduce problems in the lab
- Work closely with Partners and Sales Engineers to drive solutions for Customer issues
- Escalate issues effectively to level two support
- Perform RMA (Return Material Authorization) services for March Networks hardware
- Maintain accurate and timely records of all Customer communications
- Participate in after hours on-call rotations
- Diploma or Degree in an Engineering program
- Minimum 3 years of experience providing technical support
Skills and Experience:
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting
- Superior written and verbal communication
- Windows server maintenance and troubleshooting
- Windows operating system and application troubleshooting
- Linux troubleshooting
- LAN/WAN troubleshooting
- Server hardware troubleshooting
- LAN security and firewall troubleshooting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience with digital video recorders and CCTV surveillance technologies
- Experience with analog and IP cameras
- Experience programming and scripting
- Experience with hardware and software product verification
- Active Directory administration and troubleshooting
- VMWARE administration and troubleshooting
- CompTIA A+ or related certification
- Cisco CCNA or related certification
- Microsoft certification
- Spanish language skills
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their cover letter.