Senior Test Automation Engineer
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posted on: June 11, 2019
We are building an automation team dedicated to transform the way we perform testing. The team will be focused on writing automation scripts for everything that is repeated twice or more. For our Next Generation solutions, we are building quality in with 80%+ code coverage in unit testing. The automation team will focus on automating system tests, acceptance tests, and integration tests. We are looking for a person who is passionate about automation and technology, possesses a collaborative mindset, and has a deep curiosity as to how things work ‘under the hood.’ We want those that are both self-directed and able to serve as leaders and mentors for this growing team.
If you enjoy pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo, and working with the latest technologies, then we would love to hear from you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, lead, guide, and mentor to implement a best-in-class test automation framework and continue to evolve the test automation roadmap
- Collaborate with developers and architects to ensure new product features are designed to be testable using automation
- Drive and improve automation strategy with the goal to increase automation coverage across the product suite
- Discover and analyze quality gaps while defining and publishing key performance metrics for the automated testing
- Participate in design and architectural reviews of proposed automation solutions across project teams
- Manage quality by owning defects, production incidents, user-workflow test plans, orchestrating automated testing with the teams, and prioritizing technical debt and architectural spikes where appropriate to improve quality of the product suite.
- Comply with established automation guidelines and standards for code consistency and maintainability
- Co-ordinate activities of automation test engineers and integrate test cases into the automation test suite
- Analyze and troubleshoot test case failures to identify the need for a functional update or a test case update.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering program, or equivalent
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience in the related domain
- Understanding of cloud computing platforms, web, mobile, desktop apps, hardware platforms, API and database testing technologies
- Knowledge of automated testing industry best practices and trends. Experience with test automation and test management tools
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with frameworks such as Selenium, Cucumber, Ranorex, Appium, JMeter, SOAPUI, Postman, Protractor, Grinder, Gatling, Geb, Cypress, etc.
- Experience leading test automation teams in an agile design environment including continuous delivery in a SaaS environment
- Understanding of primary models of test automation frameworks, (i.e. data driven, keyword driven, hybrid, and behavior driven)
- Knowledge of Docker containerization and Kubernetes deployment and orchestration
- Knowledge of automated build management tools
- Familiarity with Linux/Windows development environment
- Familiarity with Jenkins, Git, and Jira
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong initiative and ability to learn quickly
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their application.