Tier 1 Network Operations Support Specialist
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posted on: September 1, 2022
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you’ll enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You’ll be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards Package including attractive time-off policies and an annual bonus plan. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
March Networks’ Managed Services team monitors tens of thousands of cameras, encoders, and network video recorders (NVRs) for customers around the world to optimize the availability of mission-critical video surveillance systems. March Networks offers these customers its unique Insight web portal, to allow them to review tickets, asset inventory, and much more.
March Networks is looking to expand the Managed Services team with a tier 1 Network Operations Center (NOC) Support Specialist to proactively monitor our customers’ install base for potential health alerts as well as taking corrective action as required and creating tickets for dealer onsite visits.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide remote product health monitoring for any customers subscribed to our Managed Services including:
- Reviewing and maintaining the Command Enterprise Server Health Alert Inbox
- Performing any remote diagnostics and applying fixes on monitored recording devices and IP cameras/encoders
- Logging all health alerts within the NOC’s ticketing database
- Updating tickets to keep their status current
- Creating and maintaining tickets for customers who purchased the Field of View Service
- Ensure the Health Scan’s product to customer mapping is correctly configured
- Participate in the maintenance and administration of the NOC reporting and tracking database
- Promote and maintain customer satisfaction by ensuring issues are resolved or escalated promptly and as per any Service Level Agreements
- Remain updated on all the latest training on March Networks’ products and solutions
- Escalate problems/issues to ther tier 2 team when required
- Perform IP camera firmware upgrades as required
- Other related duties incidental to the department
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or post-secondary education, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification or CompTia Network+ and A+ is preferred
- Knowledge of:
- Windows 98/NT/2000/XP/2003, MS Office, MS Exchange Server, Active Directory, FTP, PC/Server assembly and repair, routers, switches, hubs
- LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, ethernet, network support and troubleshooting
- Security products, DVR’s, IP cameras, CCTV in general
- Knowledge of the security industry
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written communication skills
- Customer focused and service oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain composure in stressful situations
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with databases and programming/scripting
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their application.