Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posted on: October 24, 2019
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you’ll enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You’ll be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards Package including attractive time-off policies and an annual bonus plan. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
We are building an agile team dedicated to evolving our video-based business intelligence solutions. The team is focused on developing new and innovative technologies, and executing with a startup mentality.
We are looking for a creative and talented UX Designer to help build our next generation video software platform and enhance our existing one. In this role, the candidate will interact directly with development and product management to design innovative and elegant highly functional yet simple to use interfaces.
If you enjoy pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo, and working with the latest technologies, then we would love to hear from you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the user experience of our full product line
- Create and document the UX guiding principles that will serve as the foundation for March Networks’ next generation video software solutions
- Create mockups and other artifacts to help communicate designs
- Lead usability testing with focus groups
- Collaborate at all levels of the R&D and product teams in an open environment
- College diploma or Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Experience using design tools such as Adobe, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Knowledge of interaction design with mobile and web applications
- Ability to quickly develop quality mockups
- Strong visual design and artistic sensibility
- Ability to work with both technical and non-technical members of the team
- Ability to work in a past paced environment with minimal supervision
- Experience designing interfaces for desktop applications
- Experience developing prototypes
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their application.