Product Leader, VSaaS Solutions – Remote (Canada or USA)
Location: Canada or USA
Posted on: January 19, 2024
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you will enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You will be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
Reporting to the Chief Product Officer, the Product Leader for March Networks VSaaS Solutions is responsible for shaping the future of our enterprise management platform. This new line of innovative VSaaS Solutions will be disruptive to the current market and we are looking for a successful candidate to own and drive this offering to its full potential. The Product Leader will lead all aspects of the product offering, ensuring end-to-end value for March Networks’ end users as well as revenue growth and profitability. This exciting opportunity is a highly visible role that involves coordination and communication across all levels and departments within March Networks, requiring the leadership skills necessary to influence, align, and motivate cross-functional teams to create as much success as possible.
Applicants should have a product ownership background with direct experience in bringing successful cloud-based offerings or similar cloud-based solutions to market.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall ownership of the Product Roadmap for a combined cloud-based software and hardware offering, including a video service, business intelligence service, and hardware offering
- Ensuring that the product and feature roadmap always aligns with strategic goals
- Acting as the voice of customer to develop a product features and roadmap items that result in customer satisfaction, growth of our subscriber base, and overall revenue
- Define backlog items, in conjunction with a customer success team, that guide an Agile software development team
- Collaborate with internal teams to solve product issues and make key decisions that track to overall business deliverables and commitments
- Develop, revise, and track KPI’s for subscriber growth, revenue targets, and overall profitably for the product offering
- Effectively communicate and rally the internal team around overall strategy and business objectives for the offering
- Fully understand the end-to-end customer experience from demo to purchase to maintenance, constantly working to improve the overall experience for our customers
- Develop business cases and prioritize stories and epics to ensure maximum value for the business objectives and overall strategic goals
- Develop and maintain a prioritized backlog of user stories and product features for implementation by multiple development teams
- Act as an ambassador for the product offering at trade shows, through online speaking events, and key customer demos
- Develop sales training strategies and work with marketing on clear messaging to the internal sales team on how to communicate the overall value of new features to existing and new potential customers
- Conduct market research to analyze the market, competition, trends, and overall user needs to use for in all aspects of product development strategies and decision making
- Develop appropriately detailed specifications for the product features so they are clearly understood by the development teams.
- Work with the leadership team to communicate and propose strategies, review business results, and make clear recommendations on the business
- Act with full ownership, leading the organization to continued success
Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree or Diploma in Marketing, Engineering, or Computer Science
- Proven background in a Product Leadership role with a minimum 5 years of experience
- Direct ownership of cloud based video or business intelligence offerings in the Video Surveillance industry
- Deep understanding of Agile development methodologies and processes with direct experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience utilizing JIRA and Confluence (familiarity with JIRA Advanced Roadmap, an asset)
- Ability to create business cases and report on the business performance
- Strong capabilities in writing use cases and product requirements, then guiding them through development and release to market
- Track record of collaborating with a marketing team to create success for a product line through marketing launches, strategies, and asset creation
- Experience developing and communicating easily understood product strategies
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their cover letter.
Please click on the link https://apply.workable.com/march-networks/j/4E5212B1D9/apply/ to submit your application.