Director, Information Technology
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posted on: March 1, 2022
The Director, Information Technology will provide leadership, technology vision, and program management guidance in order to establish a fully integrated, end to end business automation IT architecture. This will require assessing the current capabilities of the March Networks IT landscape and ensuring its evolution in all aspects of IT, including Business Applications, Infrastructure, Networking, Help Desk, and Cybersecurity. The successful candidate will also be responsible for establishing a new strategy that will drive internal self-help capabilities as well as an aggressive competitive e-commerce strategy that will compliment March Networks VaaS and SaaS product roll-outs. This role is equally responsible for establishing a roadmap for March Networks IT on-premise and cloud Infrastructure to provide ongoing support of the March Networks applications portfolio and that it is proactively maintained with respect to security threats and vulnerabilities.
This position requires a broad background in technology leadership in IT Infrastructure, Business Applications, Cybersecurity, and a strong customer focus background.
This role is also responsible for the management and oversight of all IT projects, IT resource management as well as capital and expense budgets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the definition, implementation, and maintenance of March Networks IT strategy
- Oversee all IT functions and drive changes that will improve the IT team’s efficiency and our users’ experience
- Provide strategic input to the March Networks management team on technology and business process improvement that could substantially improve the effectiveness of the business
- Ensure the alignment of IT goals, solutions and resources with the company’s overall strategy and business objectives
- Identify and manage risks related to IT functions
- Define, implement, and manage improvements to the March Networks IT strategy that leverages current investments utilizing our tier 1 application platforms
- Define, manage, and maintain ongoing initiatives associated with Customer Self-help, E-Commerce solutions
- Define, implement, and update policies surrounding the IT infrastructure, desktop and field device requirements in order to ensure secure operation of the company’s assets and effective utilization of budget and capital
- Ensure effective and secure utilization of the company’s voice and data communications networks
- Align IT risk management, policies and practices as it pertains to security, protection of network communications, change management controls, integrity, control and maintenance of data, and data transfers throughout the enterprise in order to mitigate vulnerabilities and cyber attacks
- Where appropriate ensure organizational practices and policies and technological compliance with known and industry specific security standards such as:
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- The PCI Data Security Standard (DSS) 3.0
- The Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX)
- NIST Cybersecurity Framework
- Create and submit to senior management business cases for the implementation of technology and/or business processes in support of other functional groups or cross functional initiatives
- Manage relationships and liaise with vendors for sales, service, and support of all IT systems and tools
- Start initiatives to improve March Networks Cybersecurity posture and to retain its Cybersecurity certification
- Define and implement the company’s cloud strategy
- Recruit and develop IT staff in alignment with IT objectives and corporate needs
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent, preferably in Information Technology, Computer Science or a technology related discipline. Masters degree considered an asset
- Minimum 10 years of leadership experience in the Information Technology field, including new product development, implementation, and at least 8 years of progressively responsible IT management experience, inclusive of senior level technology related strategic planning, budgeting, and execution
- In-depth knowledge of IT infrastructure technologies, including VMware virtualization, IaaS, Cloud backup, Disaster Recovery, and Unified Communications
- Expertise in implementing and managing software solutions in the areas of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), E-Commerce solutions and Middleware
- In-depth knowledge of a broad range of technologies, including .Net, Databases, SQL, ETL processes, LDAP, Web Services etc.
- Knowledge of data processing methods and procedures and computer software systems
- Expertise in systems design and development process, including requirements analysis, feasibility studies, software design, programming, pilot testing, installation, evaluation, and IT operational management
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their cover letter.