Product Manager, Cloud & Managed Services
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posted on: February 1, 2023
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. When you join our team, you will enjoy flexibility and support for a healthy work-life balance, as well as the professional development opportunities needed to advance your career. You will be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards Package including attractive time-off policies and an annual bonus plan. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
Reporting to the Vice President of Product Management, the Product Manager for Cloud & Managed Services is responsible for shaping the future of March Networks cloud and managed services offerings. The successful candidate defines all aspects of the service offering, ensuring end-to-end value for March Networks’ end users as well as revenue growth and profitability. Applicants should have a product management background with direct experience in bringing successful cloud-based product and service offerings to market. This exciting opportunity is a highly visible role that involves coordination and communication across all levels and departments within March Networks, requiring the leadership skills necessary to influence, align, and motivate cross-functional teams to create as much success as possible.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Possessing a deep understanding of the market around cloud services and acting as the authority for product and strategy decisions;
- Providing clear reporting on the competitive landscape and ensuring March Networks is positioned as a leader in the space;
- Interpreting customer and market demand to develop practical end user applications that provide an easily understood value proposition;
- Ensuring the cloud & managed services roadmap meets the immediate needs of March Networks’ business while also guiding the service offering to future success;
- Collaborating with others on the Product Management team to drive internal development activities through clear requirements for our service offering;
- Working with marketing to define the value proposition of both the greater service offering as well as individual features and generating actionable marketing strategies;
- Effectively monitoring/reporting on business performance and using the results to take decisive action that grows revenue, market share and profitability;
- Acting as a brand ambassador through customer visits, trade shows, speaking opportunities, and industry publications; and
- Ownership of the end-to-end services offering as it relates to cloud and managed services, including services packages, bundled hardware products, and support offerings.
Experience and Qualifications
- Degree or Diploma in Marketing, Engineering, or Computer Science
- Proven background in a Product Management role with a minimum 5 years of experience
- Direct experience with cloud services as it relates to end-to-end product strategy
- Experience in a B2B SaaS environment, with knowledge and experience in driving recurring monthly revenues from a cloud-based product
- Practical knowledge of cloud-hosted products and managed service offerings
- Ability to create business cases and report on the business performance of a product line
- Strong capabilities in writing use cases and product requirements, then guiding them through development and release to market
- Track record of collaborating with a marketing team to create success for a product line through marketing launches, strategies, and asset creation
- Experience developing and communicating easily understood product strategies
- Knowledge and experience in the video surveillance industry an asset
March Networks is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their cover letter.