Intermediate Software Dev – Java/J2EE (hybrid work)
Posted on: September 25, 2023
March Networks is a longtime leader of video software and systems with over 185.000 surveillance systems installed worldwide. We are headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, with an R&D division in Desio, Italy, regional offices worldwide and sales teams on every continent.
At March Networks, our goal is to create a positive working environment where all of our employees can thrive. You’ll be part of a growing global technology company that encourages teamwork and innovation, and where friendships are forged with colleagues all over the world. At March Networks, we value your hard work, creativity and your passionate desire to deliver only the best to our customers, partners and each other.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
We are looking for passionate and talented software designers for the development and support of our current and next generation advanced video intelligence solutions. You will be working with motivated and experienced developers as we continue setting the standards in the industry. As a developer at March Networks, you will gain experience in software technologies that encompasses management of connected objects, processing and analytics of advanced multimedia and sensor data, real-time networked embedded systems, web technologies, camera technologies, business systems integration and best-in-class user interfaces design.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The candidate will be integrated into an existing team located in Desio (MB).
He/she operates under a local supervision with regular review of completed assignments.
The candidate is able to:
- Design, code, teste and debug Java / J2EE Spring based applications;
- Integrate J2EE business logic with SOAP and RESTful compliant Web Services together with media streaming services (standard audio and video codecs, e.g. H.264, MPEG4. AAC, over a proprietary transport layer);
- Define and implement RESTful and Web Service based interfaces according to specifications designed for adequate client-side integration;
- Work with the team to design and develop best-in-class features and support it to resolve customer issues;
- Collaborate with the cross-functional peers;
- Innovate as you research new technologies and resolve complex problems;
- Construct and contribute to major project high level design strategy;
- Play an active role in assisting manager on delivery related activities.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering (Computer Science);
- At least three years of professional experience in the related role;
- Proven professional experience with Spring framework enterprise development;
- Excellent knowledge of J2EE / Spring Core / Spring Boot / Spring Security, Hibernate and Maven best practices;
- Excellent knowledge of Spring Dynamic Modules we use in our App server;
- Good experience with SQL Server DB and/or other DB-engine;
- Solid Object-oriented design and design patterns experience;
- Web Services design & development with / SOAP / REST approach;
- Desirable Experience with Cloud frameworks (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, …);
- Desirable Experience as DevOps in a CI / CD environment;
- Desirable Agile software development experience;
- Desirable experience with container-based technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, others…);
- Good knowledge of Software Version Control Systems, like Git and Subversion, and the related best practices;
- Excellent independent judgment and ability to work well with a cross functional and multi-site team;
- Fluent English.
Hybrid work model (2 days per week smart working)