Software Dev – Linux Win BackEnd
Posted on: June 26, 2023
March Networks is a longtime leader of video software and systems with over 185000 surveillance systems installed worldwide. We are headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, with an R&D division in Desio, Italy, regional offices worldwide and sales teams on every continent.
At March Networks, we transform video into business intelligence. We do this by integrating our best-in-class video with data from analytics, transaction, vehicle systems, and a wide range of security, access control and IoT devices.
Through our innovative software solutions and well-designed applications, we escalate potential areas of concern so our customers can react swiftly – and proactively – to incidents.
Organizations around the world rely on our networked solutions daily to enhance security, reduce fraud and theft, mitigate risk and improve customer service, operations, promotions and more.
We are an agile team dedicated to evolving our video-based business intelligence solutions. The team is focused on developing new and innovative technologies, and executing with a startup mentality.
We are looking for additional team members who are excited about technology, possess a collaborative mindset, and have a deep curiosity as to how things work ‘under the hood.’ We want those that are both self-directed and able to serve as mentors for this growing team.
If you enjoy pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo, collaborate proactively with passionate people, and working with the latest technologies, then we would love to hear from you!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The candidate will be integrated into an existing team developing a CCTV server video recording solution. He/she will be focused on core features, contributing to the extension of the feature set.
He/she operates under a local supervision with regular review of completed assignments.
The candidate is able to:
- Design, coding, testing and debugging of C++ applications under Windows and Linux environment;
- Support the team to resolve customer issues;
- Construct and contribute to major project high level design strategy;
- Play an active role in assisting manager on delivery related activities.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience;
- Experience designing and developing scalable, high-performance, and highly-available embedded and/or server applications;
- Experience in the development of client/server applications in C++ (desirable knowledge of C++11 features, Boost, STL);
- Real-time operating systems, inter-process communication and multi-threaded applications;
- Embedded system development, cross platform development;
- Familiarity with databases systems and languages;
- Knowledge of networking protocols and tools (e.g. UDP/IP, TCP/IP, HTTP, RTSP/RTP, Wireshark, Fiddler, …);
- Experience in an Agile software development environment (SCRUM);
- Object-oriented design and design patterns;
- Ensure ever-increasing quality through enhanced testability and test automation (TDD/BDD);
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent independent judgment and ability to work well with a cross functional and multi-site team;
- Fluent English.
- Digital signal processing algorithms and techniques, specifically in the audio, image, and video processing domains;
- Experience with C, assembler, SIMD instructions sets, developing on ARM;
- Experience with development and troubleshooting/debugging of Linux kernel and drivers;
- Image, video and audio compression and/or analytical processing, multimedia streaming and storage formats (e.g. RTSP, HLS, MPEG-DASH, H264, H265, mp4);
- Familiarity with SQL, NoSQL, and time series databases;
- Experience with containers and orchestration technologies (Docker, K8s);
- Knowledge of formal design patterns and languages for software development and system architecture definition such as UML, SysML, OPM;
Please forward resume to EuropeHR@MarchNetworks.com